On this episode, we spoke about having a new, sustainable approach to weight loss with Dr. Scott Isaacs. Read a summary below of the main takeaways:
1. It is difficult to have long-term weight loss with just a diet. When you lose weight, your hormones change, trying to stop weight loss from occurring. It’s not possible to overcome these issues on our own – and this is when medical treatment comes into play to target biology.
2. When someone is working hard to lose weight and isn’t successful, it’s not a personal failure! It is a medical condition. When this occurs, seeing a physician who specializes in weight is important.
3. Focus on permanent lifestyle change, not temporary. Your health and weight are important all year. It can get difficult, but don’t give up!
4. 98% of people who lose weight will gain it back within 5 years. You are not struggling alone!
5. It is necessary to have a detailed and specific plan for weight loss. Involve your family and friends in your weight journey to add extra support, too!
For more episodes of My Weight Live, click here.
Finding a doctor who specializes in helping people reach a healthier weight can make a huge difference on your health journey. To find a physician near you who specializes in weight management, click here.
Get a weekly text to help you stay on track with your health goals! Click here to sign up.
This episode was sponsored by Novo Nordisk Canada. All content is created independently by My Weight – What To Know with no influence from Novo Nordisk.