On this episode, we talked with Reneé Rawls, a woman who lost 300 pounds with the help of a physician who specializes in obesity management. Watch the show below and read our five main takeaways from our discussion with both Reneé Rawls and Dr. Holly Lofton MD…
- A physician, especially one who specializes in obesity and/or weight management, can help create and manage a weight loss plan personalized for you. This may include diet, exercise, behaviors, medications, and/or surgery.
- Obesity is a chronic disease, and it’s not your fault. This is why it’s important to find a team of healthcare professionals to help you on your weight management journey. You don’t have to do this on your own!
- Finding the tools to help you manage obesity, just as you would manage diabetes or heart disease, is crucial.
- When you lose weight, your body reacts by slowing down your metabolism, increasing hunger hormones, and decreasing fullness hormones. This is what can drive weight regain.
- Reaching out to your primary care physician about your weight is a wonderful first step to get started on this journey. Although it may seem intimidating, they can provide you with the beneficial resources and information necessary.
For many people, diet and exercise alone are not enough to reach a healthier weight. There are now safe and effective non-surgical medical treatments that have been proven to help people be successful over the long-run. Talk to your doctor or check out our physician locator to find a doctor near you who specializes in the medical treatment of weight.
Get a weekly text to help you stay on track with your health goals! Click here to sign up.