We all know how important exercise is for good health, but it’s not easy to find the time to do it… and often the weather doesn’t cooperate when we want to go outside! So, we put together a list of exercise videos for you below that you can do in the privacy of your own living room. There are all sorts of different workouts (chair workouts, tai chi, pilates, and more) and they vary in the amount of time they require, too.
Whether you are just beginning your exercise journey, or if you’re active already, there is something for you. Just click the links to watch. Check them out here:
- In this low impact and low intensity workout, Joe guides you through 15 different exercises in order to raise the heart rate and get the blood flowing. Each exercise is 30 seconds of work, then 30 seconds of rest.
- This video goes through a full body workout including exercises for seniors and/or beginners targeted to build strength and muscle. It is recommended to use low weight dumbbells, or anything that challenges you.
- Thisworkout aims to get the body moving using exercises that are osteoporosis friendly, meaning there is no twisting or rounding of the spine. The video contains compound exercises done for 45 seconds each, followed by a 15 second rest.
- This workout is 20 minutes of full body with no jumping, no equipment, and can be done at home. This is perfect for those who are crunched on time and need something quick to get moving and exercise the body.
- Dancing is a great way to have fun while exercising, and this workout helps to improve cardiovascular health and endurance, posture, balance, and more.
- This pilates includes stretches and moves to strengthen muscles used in the body’s posture. Sara Raymond leads a routine of movements to follow along in order to strengthen muscles used in daily life to support the spine & posture.
- This workout is designed for those who have been living a sedentary lifestyle and are looking to get active again. You’ll go through multiple exercises that can be done from a chair, or even the couch, with no equipment needed.
- In this video, Michelle leads the watchers through chair zumba, using exercises to improve health and longevity.
- Chair aerobic exercises are a great way to get exercise in, especially for those with orthopedic conditions or issues. Dr. Dennis Kerrigan leads through multiple chair aerobic exercises to get the heart rate up & improve cardiovascular health.
- Exercising can be hard on the joints, but this full body workout is joint friendly as there is no equipment or jumping involved. Enjoy a nice burn through multiple exercises without any high impact moves.
- This low impact, 15 minute barre workout is designed to tone your whole body. The only equipment you will need is a set of light weights.
- This challenging cardio workout is easy on the joints. It raises the heart rate and causes a sweat through the fast and challenging exercise moves.
Mobility and Flexibility:
- Incorporating hip mobility exercises into your daily routine is essential for preventing injury and improving overall health. This video goes over four stretches to improve hip mobility.
- Standing yoga stretches are a great way to improve flexibility and mobility, which in turn prevents injuries and improves overall health. This is a great way to de-stress and practice mindfulness, as well.
- Tai chi is a great way to practice meditation and improve balance, longevity, and posture. In this video, Jake Mace will lead you through a relaxing Tai Chi routine.
- In this video, Jake Mace leads through the 12 best Tai Chi exercises, which are great for improving posture and balance, and also practicing meditation and mindfulness.
We hope these resources help you stay active and motivate you to try something new. Always check with your healthcare provider prior to starting any exercise program to ensure it’s ok for you. Discontinue exercise if you experience any abnormal response such as pain or shortness of breath.
For many people, diet and exercise alone are not enough to reach a healthier weight. There are now safe and effective medical treatments that have been proven to help people be successful over the long-run. Talk to your doctor or check out our physician locator to find a doctor near you who specializes in the medical treatment of weight.
Get a weekly text to help you stay on track with your health goals! Click here to sign up.
This article was sponsored by Novo Nordisk Canada. All content is created independently by My Weight – What To Know with no influence from Novo Nordisk.