Dr. Sabrina Kwon joined us on My Weight Live to talk about building self-respect, the best ways to manage our weight, and how the right support can make all the difference. Watch the show here:
Our main takeaways from the show:
- “The scale lies,” Dr. Kwon shared. When the number on the scale changes, it can be a loss or gain of muscle, fluid, or fat mass.
- Releasing the burden of self-doubt and guilt opens a doorway to successful weight management. Talking with a physician who specializes in weight management can help you release from the vicious cycle of weight loss & gain, and move forward with other, more sustainable approaches.
- It is important to find the right fit when it comes to support in your weight journey. Family, friends, or support groups, for example, can make a big difference, as long as they are positive and helpful. Check out our Facebook support group here.
- Self-compassion plays a huge role in weight management. Know that making changes is not easy and there will be obstacles – but success happens with repeated trying.
- Weight is a reflection of many things going on in your life. Determining the root issues of your struggles with weight, such as other medical conditions, counteracting medications, or mental health battles, can help us along our individual weight management journey.
For many people, diet and exercise alone are not enough to reach a healthier weight. There are now safe and effective non-surgical medical treatments that have been proven to help people be successful over the long-run. Talk to your doctor or check out our physician locator to find a doctor near you who specializes in the medical treatment of weight.
Get a weekly text to help you stay on track with your health goals! Click here to sign up.
This episode was sponsored by Novo Nordisk Canada. It was created independently by My Weight – What To Know with no influence from Novo Nordisk.