For anyone who’s thinking about starting a weight loss program, this episode of My Weight Live is a must-watch! We cover the questions to ask, the red flags to be aware of, and what everyone should know about supplements!
And if you don’t have time to watch the whole program, here are the main takeaways:
- Before starting a weight loss program, ask lots of questions. One of the biggest predictors of success is to ask what the outcomes of the program are – and are they the same outcomes you want? Does the program do anything to ensure success in the future, after the initial program ends?
- If a program or supplement seems too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true. If it claims to be a quick weight loss fix, or target a certain area of the body, be especially wary.
- Most weight loss supplements are not effective. These are unregulated pills, drinks, & powders that promise quick weight loss. Many have health risks.
- When beginning a weight loss program, keep the end in mind. Ask yourself, is this a sustainable program? Are these goals realistic and can I do this long-term? If not, rethink the program.
- If your reason to exercise and eat healthy is just to lose weight, you won’t be motivated forever. If you are active & living a healthy lifestyle because it gives you more energy, helps you sleep, and improves your mood (the list goes on and on!), you will likely be motivated in the long-run and want to continue your healthy habits.
- Short-term, quick fixes for weight loss will not work in the long-term.
Listen to this episode in podcast form below: